Friday, January 30, 2009

Is Eating Out Alone an Embarassment?

Salam...

I took the opportunity during today's lunchtime to have my own 'me- time'... guess any one of you who never had this break from the dysfunctional and total hypocrite world, should just try it! Coz it's all worth it... and for me, that 2.5 hours walking around S*go in the middle of Friday afternoon, with lots of people scurrying around that S*go Sale (read: bila masa S*go tak pernah sale?) it was time well spent... I didn't bother to have a peek at what people get on hold of, I just wanna walk, walk and walk (and bought brand new toys for AZA)... until my tummy was crying for help, and my legs were not able to bring my body forward...

... then I decided to have chicken rice... long queue, but whatever, coz my eyes and brain has fixated on that kedai... "I want that nasik ayam with drumstick, only RM5.00... ok laa, boleh!"
But that makcik said no more drumstick , and pointed to that half-chopped chicken with no drumstick, taken by the girl before me... and right in front of my eyes, there were like 6-7 chickens hanged by the glass... and you said "no more?" "Oh come on! you can do better than that!" But, I still took it, coz famished was my middle name that time, paid and found a place with 4 chairs available...

While seating, people were moving back and forth around me, apparently that place was packed and you could hardly find a seat at that moment... and of course, being alone, I was victimized... dang! go find other place, I pay tax, too! and I just to want have my moment here... but of course, how can I say that aloud... they have this look on their face, stated "you are alone, hurry up... we are in group, need place to sit... where are your friends?" It made me wonder, was I ever feel embarassed eating out alone (I did this zillion times, FYI)... and guess what? NEVER! In fact, sometimes I just need to savour that moment... not that I dislike having people with me (I love hang-outs with people), but sometimes you just need to be drowned in your own thoughts, do monologue etc...

So at the end of the story, I still maintained my elegance (by eating slowly, as if I was doing 'fine dining' LOL)... and they left with total frustration showed on their faces... akakakakkaka...

No comments: