Friday, November 14, 2008

Emotional Intelligence (EQ)

I attended two days training on EQ (Breakthru Leaderhship: Unlocking Performance with EQ)which ended yesterday...
It was organized by Six Seconds (http://www.6seconds.org/), a non- profit org that develops and applies this vital competencies to foster healthy and productive relationships.

An interesting fact that they taught me:

It takes 6 seconds to manage anger
It takes 6 seconds to create compassion
It takes 6 seconds to make a difference.

In summary, with EQ on the job (can be applied to our daily life, too), people work together even better; they are more productive, more focused, more innovative, more prudent...

and what I found written on their website: Emotions make or break relationships, they lead us to optimal or terrible decisions, they drive our best and worst behaviors... The difference is emotional intelligence...

p/s: I didn't plan on babbling what can I learn from it, how was the food served, the facilitator etc..
but overall, it was a good learning experience that I overlooked before)...

No comments: